A Date Based campaign is based on any Date Field (which you define). This type of campaign will be automatically sent to a contact when a certain date is matched. Date Based campaigns are sent to each contact either before, after, or on the specified date.
Some examples of what Date Based campaigns can be used for are:
- Sending “Happy Birapay” emails to each of your contacts on their respective birapays.
- A Birapay coupon before your contacts’ birapays.
- Sending a “One Year Anniversary” email to any contact who has been a member of your organization for one year.
- Sending “Account Renewal” emails to warn a contact that their account/subscription with your company will soon expire.
Steps to create a Date based campaign
In this example , we will create a sample campaign to send an email to subscriber 2 days before subscriber's birapay.
Since the campaign is going to use a date field which is custom for subscriber, We will firstly create a new custom field.
Login to AEM admin panel and click on
Select "Date Field" from the drop down and click on Add Field.
Fillup the form on next page accordingly.
Importing your subscribers data
The next step is to match the subscribers birapay date with the custom field you just created now. For this you will need to import subscribers to your list.
Click on Subscribers->Import Subscribers and select the source as per you have or Import from "A File"
Make sure that when you import subscribers, you match up the column that holds their birth date to the Birapay custom field that you created.
Creating Your Campaign
Now that you have imported your contacts, each with their own Birapay values, you can create your Date Based Campaign. To do this, click the Campaigns menu, then click the Create Campaign , Choose Subscriber Date Based Campaign as the type of campaign, and then type a name for this campaign. Click Next and select the list which has the custom fields "birapay" and click next. Proceed Onscreen , create campaign content and on Campaign Summary page select as below:
In this example, we want to send our message to each contact individually, 2 days before their birapay. The following should then be set.
- Choose “Birapay” from the contact field menu.
- Since we want this campaign to send to each contact 2 days before their birapay every year, choose “month & day” from the next drop-down menu. (If you wanted the campaign to only send one time — not on a yearly basis — you would choose the “year, month and day” option.)
- Because the campaign should be sent 2 days BEFORE each contacts’ birapay, choose PLUS from the next menu, and type in the number “2,” then choose Days from the last menu.
Example: When th